Assistant Systems Auditor
Purpose:To provide professional audit work, individually or as a team member, in conducting reviews of the Information Systems, policies, procedures and practices and other assigned organizational areas in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, and departmental standards.
- Assist in conducting reviews of the IT general and application controls implemented across Simba Corporation Limited and its subsidiaries.
- Performs, individually or as part of a team, IT audits of the Organization in accordance with the IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit.
- Assist in the performance of special audits or investigations, including IS risk assessments, fraud investigations, audit department policy updates etc.
- Participate in conducting ICT Security assessments of internal systems to provide assurance to management on the reliability of the internal control system.
- Prepares audit work papers and reports documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and recommended management action.
- Conduct meetings with auditees to communicate audit results and obtain management’s comments on proposed findings and recommendations.
- Implementation tracking of proposed recommendations.
- Participate in interim and annual stock takes.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and research skills.
- Interact professionally with Management.
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with clients (internal and external).
- Demonstrates courage.
- Work under minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates a dedication to skill enhancement and training.
- Maintains the highest levels of independence, objectivity, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard MS office applications.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ operational IT audit experience in an environment that provides exposure to sophisticated information systems audit techniques, network security, technology infrastructure, project management, or a related field with a need for Internal Audit.
- CISA or other relevant IT Certification.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems.
- Understanding of concepts related to information systems audit, including security and control risks.
- Experience with CAATs, e.g. Teammate Audit Management System.
- Knowledge of Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT).
- Previous experience in the automotive and hospitality industry, is an added advantage.
Apply for Assistant Systems Auditor
Applicants should forward their applications to email@example.com on or before COB 22/01/2024. Applicants should indicate the job title in the subject line of their email.