Food & Beverage Service Manager
The Food & Beverage Service Manager will be responsible for leading and managing all sections of the Food and Beverage Department, to ensure the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and Nairobi Street Kitchen Standards. They are also responsible for guaranteeing, profitability, communication, management, instruction, and supervision of the responsible departmental heads.
- Leads the Food & Beverage Department by developing and implementing department objectives in line with the business objectives.
- Direct F&B Service operations such as restaurants, bars, and banqueting and provide guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all food and beverage policies, procedures, standards, and satisfaction of guests’ needs and ensure that subordinate heads of the department take corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintain high visibility during the peak period in order to ensure the smooth running of operations, promote good public relations, take corrective actions, and handles customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
- Maximizes outlet revenue by controlling special promotions and activities, and up-selling food & beverage in order to maximize Revenue.
- Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices, and standards.
- Select, train, develop, schedule, and manage the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of food & beverage operations.
- Work with GM to approve the training plan for all food and beverage sections and follows up to ensure compliance and efficiency of training activities.
- Interact with the management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develop solid working relationships with them.
- Conduct regular departmental meetings and daily briefings with Outlet Managers.
- Participate in preparing the annual budget and manning guide and manage the Food and Beverage Department within budgetary guidelines.
- Keep abreast of all emergency procedures, Nairobi Street Kitchen promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, and upcoming events, and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that all food & beverage staff are able to answer guest requests and questions.
- Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports and memos, and other specific duties related to the job function.
Experience and Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of similar experience in Food & Beverage.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Building teamwork
- Motivating and developing others
- Problem-solving & decision making
- Conflict management
- Establishing focus
- Information Management
- Managing Performance
- Concern for quality
- Customer service orientation
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Interpersonal skills
- Writing skills
- Listening skills
- Very good communication skills
- Hands-On person
- Stress management
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Swahili
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of POS operating systems
Apply for Food & Beverage Service Manager
Applicants should forward their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before COB 11/14/2022. Applicants should indicate the job title in the subject line of their email.