General Manager, Operations
Responsible for directing and evaluating the day-to-day operational activities of Nairobi Street Kitchen to achieve the highest standards in accordance with the set operational goals and profitability objectives which included guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation, and delivering a return on investment to the hotel.
- Oversee and manage all areas of Nairobi Street Kitchen and make final decisions on matters of importance.
- Responsible for preparing and approving budgets, strategies, plans, and setting targets for Nairobi Street Kitchen and the successful delivery according to the business plan.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll-related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Organize HODs meetings to keep informed, offer direction, plan and coordinate.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high-quality food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas.
- Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests, and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Oversee management of shifts which include daily decision-making, scheduling, and planning while upholding standards, product quality, and cleanliness.
- Direct hiring, supervision, development, and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date manpower plans.
- Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts. Community Involvement Provide a strong presence in the local community and a high level of community involvement by restaurants and personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in a similar Hospitality Management role
- Excellent knowledge of food & beverage operations
- Demonstrable experience in driving service excellence
- Strong communication, financial, and people management skills.
Apply for General Manager, Operations
Applicants should forward their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before COB 31/01/2023. Applicants should indicate the job title in the subject line of their email.