Senior Human Resources Manager
Purpose:As a key member of the Simba leadership Team, the Senior HRM shall manage the execution of the HR Strategy and other core areas of the HR including Organizational Culture, Performance Management, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Learning and development, Employee Engagement, Reward and Recognition, as well as maintaining and improving HR systems.
- Lead in the implementation of the HR strategy, aligned to the overall business strategy.
- Provide strategic HR advice and solutions to the business, consistent with modern HR practice, and in line with the Group’s overall strategy.
- Monitor the implementation of the Company’s HR budget and provide the business with guidance on staff related budgets, future staffing costs and initiatives.
- Provide advisory to the management team on people leadership matters, including business change and transformation.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements.
- Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, & conducting trainings on PM.
- Work with respective HoDs to drive high performance culture through entrenchment of performance management initiatives in the organization.
- Lead implementation of Reward and Recognition initiatives across the company to ensure staff motivation and productivity.
Talent Acquisition & Talent Management
- Oversee talent acquisition, recruitment strategy and its implementation.
- Oversee recruitment and selection process according to policies and procedures.
- Manage the implementation of the Organization’s talent management activities.
- Work with the Senior Management team to determine workforce needs, identify human resource competency gaps, and devise a development plan to facilitate staff growth.
- Manage employee relations and welfare programs and provide support to line managers in maintaining a cordial employer-employee relationship to ensure a conducive work environment.
- Oversee implementation of employee welfare programs that drive engagement, productivity and ensure equity.
- Spearhead internal staff communications, team building and employee engagement activities.
- Champions change initiatives by getting buy-in from business and staff.
Learning and Development
- Oversee the Learning and Development, ensuring continuous improvement on L&D
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for identifying, planning, delivering, and
measuring learning and development.
- Lead, train, and mentor HR team; create detailed plan to build capacity for every HR staff.
- Ensure that the HR team is working in a harmonized manner, identify and implement mechanisms to ensure cooperation, communication, and teamwork.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or relevant field from a recognized institution. A member of IHRM Kenya.
- 12 years of relevant working experience, with 5 years in senior management.
- Technical skills with a focus on HR strategy formulation, organization design, performance management, talent management, learning and development, & employee relations
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates operational and strategic skills with an ability to provide solutions for business.
- Thrives on constant change.
Apply for Senior Human Resources Manager
Applicants should forward their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before COB 20/12/2023. Applicants should indicate the job title in the subject line of their email.