Who we are
Simba Corporation is an integrated business group headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with controlling interests in diversified fields as motor sales and service, assembly, hospitality, finance and real estate.
Founded in 1948 by Mr. Abdul Karim Popat, we have grown from a modest used-car sales enterprise into one of Kenya's foremost diversified business groups. Our rich heritage in the motor and hospitality industries enables us to provide world-class solutions at every touchpoint.
To be a trusted, innovative, and diversified world-class Pan-African corporation.
To establish a Pan-African corporation that creates value for our customers, employees, investors, partners and suppliers by nurturing mutually beneficial relationships, efficient operations and financial prudence.
Integrity is the bedrock of our company. We are consistent, honest and we keep our word.
We are accountable to our stakeholders and we will be responsible for all corporate actions.
All actions and decisions will be made with full integrity with a view to protecting our stakeholders. We strive to promote a conducive environment for our customers and employees
From our employees to our customers, people are the foundation of our business. Respect and dignity are at the forefront of all our interactions.
We thrive on innovative approaches to existing products, processes, and ideas. This has been a critical instrument to our sustained success.
Relationships are the basis of our business at Simba Corp. We aspire to maintain trusted relationships with all our stakeholders.
We are go getters. We aspire to be entrepreneurial in all aspects of our business.
Follow Simba Corporation’s journey from the late 40’s, through Kenya’s golden age to become one of the most successful homegrown entities in the field of motor vehicle sales & service. By preserving the unique aspects of our heritage, we have diversified into the fields of assembly, hospitality, finance and trade.
- Launched the Nairobi Street Kitchen
- Acquired Ashok Leyland Franchise
- Commenced local assembly of Mahindra pick-ups, launched by H.E. the President at State House Nairobi
- Launched local assemly and distribution of Proton, launched by H.E. the President at AVA Mombasa
- Acquired the Proton franchise
- Acquired the Fieldking franchise
- Naresh Leekha appointed as Group Managing Director-Motor Division
- Completed the acquisition of Associated Vehicle Assemblers (AVA) as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Simba Corporation
- Acquired 35% stake in Hemingways Group of hotels
- Adil Popat named Executive Chairman and Dinesh Kotecha appointed as Group CEO
- Opened the state of the art Aspire Centre in Westlands, Nairobi
- Opened Acacia Premier Hotel Kisumu
- Acquired the SAME franchise
- Acquired the Renault franchise
- Opened Villa Rosa Kempinski
- Acquired Mahindra Franchise
- Opened Olare Mara Kempinski
- Simba Colt Kisumu branch opened
- Acquired AVIS Franchise
- Established Simba Corporation as the Group’s Entity
- Acquired majority shareholding in Africa Fleet Management Solutions (AFMS)
- Aquired the BMW franchise"
- Mr. Adil Popat named CEO
- Acquired Fuso Franchise
- Founded Power Systems Division, Opened Simba Colt Mombasa Branch
- Separated from CMC Motors and established Simba Colt Motors
- Acquired Mitsubishi Franchise
- Founded by Mr. Abdul Karim Popat as a used car dealership, Deluxe Motors Ltd. in Nairobi on Koinange Street.